Ned Eckhardt Television Production Scholarship
This scholarship, in honor of Professor Ned Eckhardt, recognizes the academic achievements of a student who exhibits exceptional skills in video production, including documentaries, episodic television, music based work, journalistic works, narrative stories, and new media video.
One $1,500 scholarship will be given per academic year.
Requirements for Application
- Students must be RTF majors with a production specialization
- Overall GPA of 2.75 or above
- Junior or senior status in the academic year for which application is being submitted
- Applications should be submitted via email to Diana Nicolae (email@example.com). Please use the subject line “Ned Eckhardt Scholarship Application.”
- Please submit the following materials:
- Current resume, highlighting academic and creative accomplishments
- A short portfolio of applicants video/film work. Work may have been produced in a class, for a club, or independently. Links to projects are preferred
- 1-2 page statement of why video production and storytelling are important to the candidate
- Application deadline of February 28th. Interviews with finalists may be scheduled.
The Charles and Lucille King Family Foundation Scholarship
The Charles & Lucille King Family Foundation was established in 1988 to support individuals, institutions and organizations committed to educational excellence in media. Please send resume and 1-2 page cover letter in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “King Family Scholarship Application.”
Multiple $2,000 scholarships available to a qualified full-time junior or senior student in the Rowan RTF program. Minimum 3.0 GPA required for consideration.
NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2019-20 ACADEMIC YEAR.
RTF ‘Summer in LA’ Program
Starting in the Summer of 2019, the Radio, Television, & Film Department plans to recruit 15 juniors and/or seniors interested in spending 8 weeks in Los Angeles.
The Summer in LA experience will consist of a 3 credit Cinematography course and a 3 credit internship both coordinated through Rowan (students will sign up for the 6 credits in the 3rd summer session). Students would then be responsible for finding an internship in Los Angeles with help from Rowan University.
Housing would be provided through Emerson College’s LA facility at 5960 Sunset Boulevard. The process for selecting the 15 students will be competitive. Students will be required to submit a resume, cover letter, and any links to their creative work. Finalists will be chosen by a panel of faculty. Students chosen for this program will receive a $1000 stipend courtesy of the Charles and Lucille King Foundation June 4th through July 26 2018.
- Costs: Room – 53 days at $60 per day $3180 Note: Each unit has 3 rooms with one shared bathroom.
- Tuition and fees (at Winter 2019 rates) $536 x 6 = $3216
- Transportation (airfare and internship transportation)
- Food not included
Applications due by March 29th. Contact email@example.com to apply.
Ellen Degeneres Show Internship
The Ellen Degeneres Show, with guidance from Rowan alumna Ed Glavin (Executive Producer), annually offers an internship to a Rowan University Radio/TV/Film student in Los Angeles.
The Ellen DeGeneres Show seeks intern candidates who are passionate about the show and the television industry in general. Job duties will include a rotation among 6 departments within the production, including Research, Human Interest, Digital, Audience, talent, & Production. Applicants should be hard working, enthusiastic students looking to pursue a career in TV, particularly in the talk show arena.
Please submit a current resume, cover letter, and a portfolio of work with links.
- Application deadline February 26. Submit application materials to Professor Nicolae (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Salva Family Scholarship
Rowan University alumnus Lawrence J. Salva, chief accounting officer and controller of Comcast Corporation and Rowan Radio/TV/Film alumni, has established a $4,200 scholarship per year for RTF students. While a student at the University, Salva was the business manager for WGLS-FM and is a member of the station’s Hall of Fame.
Awarded to a junior Radio, Television, and Film major with a top GPA who is active in RTF activities, such as WGLS, Cinema Workshop, or Channel 5. Minimum 3.25 GPA required. Please send resume and 1-2 page cover letter in an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Salva Family Scholarship Application.”
Applications due by February 28th.
Thomas Stathakes Scholarship for Excellence in Sports Production
Thomas Stathakes is a 1983 RTF graduate of Rowan University (Glassboro State College). After spending many years as Senior Vice President of Programming Production and Operations at the Golf Channel, Mr. Stathakes is now Senior Vice President and General Manager of NBC Sports Bay Area and NBC Sports California. The Thomas Stathakes Scholarship for Excellence in Sports Production will be awarded to two students who have maintained a 3.0 GPA or better and who have excelled in some aspect of sports production while they are a student at Rowan. The award will be presented to a full-time student who is currently a sophomore or junior, majoring in RTF at Rowan University. Two (2) $2500 scholarships available.
- NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2019-20 ACADEMIC YEAR. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.